Burruss Mill Falls
Burruss Mill Falls is the perfect waterfall venue for your small wedding or elopement. This breathtaking 43-acre landscape features an enchanting waterfall and serenely wooded area that plateaus into rich, green pastures. Contact us today to book your date!
Off The Beaten Path
This beautiful, secluded property offers the tranquility of a garden setting poised against the backdrop of a shimmering waterfall.
Our Historic “Saltbox” Style Grist Mill offers a charmingly rustic backdrop for any style event.
Located in Cumming, Georgia near Buford, Lawrenceville, Gainesville, Oakwood, and Flowery Branch, just 40 minutes from Atlanta.
A Hidden Gem
While the cascading waterfalls and Historic Grist Mill nestled in our 43-acre estate evoke emotions of a faraway and otherworldly locale, Burruss Mill Falls is conveniently located just outside of Atlanta, only 5 minutes from GA-400, in Cumming, GA. — ease-of-access meets secluded hideaway.
Max Guest Count
The fairytale waterfall wedding of your dreams awaits…
Family Owned and Operated
Meet Gray and Kelley Smith, the couple behind Burruss Mill Falls. More than 50 years ago, Gray’s parents made this property a second home for a quiet weekend getaway from their fast-paced life in Atlanta. Gray spent his childhood walking every inch of these peaceful grounds he now calls home and loves sharing this little piece of heaven with his wife. While they enjoy spending time nurturing the plants and tending to the landscape, their absolute favorite pastime is sharing Burruss Mill Falls with others. Hosting small, intimate weddings has become their passion, offering the Smiths a chance to share their love of life and nature with couples just beginning their journey.
Fun Facts About Gray & Kelly:
- Before his work as Wedding Officiant and Master Gardener as Burrus Mill Falls, Gray spent his career as a tree arborist.
- You can count at least 9 native wildflowers in our gardens.
- A great blue heron named Mr. Beasley comes to hunt for fish just below the waterfall each evening before sundown.
- At times, when we’re surrounded by deer grazing at dawn, hummingbirds feeding nearby, and bluebirds caring for their young, it really does feel like we’re living in a fairytale.
- Nature is so much more than a backdrop at Burruss Mill Falls, and we can’t wait to share it with you.